Monday, July 21, 2014

Oh Paris.... I have missed you.

C dancing in the park

E waiting for the train at 5 in the morning. This is before she got motion sickness on board and I didn't pack a change of clothes. Learned my lesson that it is now, planes, trains and automobiles that make her sick :(

Pont Alexandre

Same bridge as above. This is when Emilie got her head stuck in the bridge. Talk about being scared.

I promise to take these girls back to Paris one day when they are older (and for better reasons than an Emergency passport)

Hello Beautiful!

Gamez crew eating crepes before the train home.

Watching the boats along the Seine.

One happy lady in the big city.
Well, I have been wanting to go to Paris but not quite how it happened. We were to leave Tuesday for Texas and Saturday night at 10 o'clock I realised that Charlotte's passport expired on her 5th birthday (3 months ago). Talk about panic. Luckily I had just spoken to someone who told me the embassy in paris can do emergency passports in an hour. I checked the website and it looked good, except there were no appointments left and we had to be the first people there on Monday to have a chance in hell of making it back to Geneva by Monday night. I packed and Alex came to pick us up to drive to his parents on Sunday. Woke up early Monday morning to take the train to Paris, get to the embassy and take the train back to Joigny, to then drive 4 hours home. We made it home at 8 that night had a quick sleep and woke up Tuesday to fly to Texas. With everything that has happened this year I never once thought about the passport expiring on her birthday (even though I knew that it was when she turned 5). Luckily it all worked out and we have a lot of really funny stories to tell from this day. Now I am in charge of getting new passports for her before our next adventure.

No comments: