 |
| Hi Mommy. First time with face paint everywhere. |
 |
| C as a princess. She loved all the live shows and musicals. |
 |
| In the moment of watching a show. Disregard the man at the end, don't know him. |
 |
| New train set which is tons of fun! |
So, September is here and all of us have started school again. E goes to daycare all day, C is at school all day, and now mommy is at school all day. I have started my PGCE studies here in Geneva at the International School. It is a partnership with Durham University in the UK so all of my classes are in english and this is counting towards Masters credits. Hopefully at the end of these 9 months I will be able to find a job teaching in one of the many international schools that we have here. So, Monday through Friday all the Gamez girls are busy and at school. Wish me luck!
Also, I have started an English playgroup here out of the house on Saturday mornings. 1-3 yr olds from 9-10 and 3-5 yr olds from 10:30-11:30. I am hoping that these two projects coincide with my studies and everything runs smoothly. Today was my first day and there were some surprises. Timing, activities, and the idea of having my own children present with some of their best friends. Mommy is no longer mommy but teacher mommy and the kids can't go directly to Charlotte's room to play but have to listen to me speak a language that they are unfamiliar with. Fingers crossed this turns out well as I would hate to be known around our little community as the woman that "tried" to play in English. Here is alink to my website
www.littletotsenglish.com
So all in all, we are headed for a very busy year. One that I hope flies by!! Wish me (us) luck!!
2 comments:
1. I am SO proud of you going back to school! It is not easy with kids, but will be so worth it!!!
2. WAIT... you are that fluent now, (not surprised) that English is not common for your girls to hear! So jealous! I wish I could have taught the boys some other language.
I can't wait to hear more about your playgroups! It sounds like a great idea!
Aww, thanks Suz. I actually meant that my girls' friends are not used to me speaking another language. Goodness no, I only speak to the girls in English unless we are around other french people. Rather teach good english than poor french, haha!
Any tips for the PGCE and teaching primary as a whole?
How are you and baby feeling? Xx
Post a Comment