Saturday, December 8, 2012

Happy Belated Thanksgiving and Early Christmas

We just got back from an amazing two week trip to the Dominican Republic and Miami. And then we got home to snow :( While it is beautiful, it is freezing here. We had such a great time!! I would love to go back again and I highly recommend the hotel. We stayed at the Melia Caribe Tropical wich was all inclusive and right on the beach, 7 pools, kids club, golf, 10 restaurants, and peacocks and flamingos walking around. The only down side was that our camera broke after 3 days of being there so we don't have that many pictures.
And Miami, oh Miami. We made our trip to stay 4 days but really it was only 2 as we arrived so late and left so early. We need to stay longer next time. I really miss my friends there. I love how we can pick back up like nothing has changed even though we may not talk every day. And the weather, oh I love the weather this time of year there. But the traffic is a nightmare! Poor Emilie got car sick anytime we went anywhere because of all the stop and go. I am going to have to talk to her doctor about that. I don't remember the traffic being so bad when we lived there, but then again we lived on the beach and never drove anywhere. Again, Alex got to play golf a few times which was great for him and we saw so many amazing friends. I miss you all so much and am already looking forward to the next time we can meet up again.
 
 
 
burning energy before the long day of flights
 
 

here our the monkeys on the plane. you can tell charlotte is zoned on the tv.
 

walking to the pool with grandma

beach babe

girls at the beach. cousin yvette was fabulous with the girls. she must have been exhausted at the end of the trip as the girls played so much together. a big thank you to yvette.


this was my burger at one of the restaurants. HUGE!

frozen drinks on the beach

 
even the girls had to have a frozen drink from a coconut

view of the beach on the windiest day. the hotel staff is setting up a beach wedding.

No comments: