As it is winter, we have visited the doctor every two weeks or so for each girl. Colds, runny noses, bronchitis, sore throat, blah blah blah!! But yesterday we finally visited the doctor when everyone was well (knock on wood and thank god). We had the girls check up appt. Emilie had her 9 month and Charlotte had her 3 year appt.
Emilie: 8.8kg, 67 cm and just under average size. She still has a really big head though :) She was really happy at the office until it was time to actually start the exam, then she screamed. Fun!
She is still completely breastfed even though we have tried to give her a bottle several times that she won't take. I have tried giving her liquids in a cup, sippy cup, bottle, spoon and syringe. The child just wants mommy's milk. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy that she is breastfeeding, but at the same time it would be really nice for her to drink a sippy cup at meal times so I would feel like she was definitely getting enough nutrients. The doctor thinks I should try the bottle again for 10 days and he thinks then she will try it. And this has also been drawn to my attention (by my loving husband) that I am a bottle freak. Hate them and dont want my children to use them. Nothing against other people that do, just putting that out there. But I feel that at this late in the game, why bother with it at all and just move straight to the cup or sippy cup? I also hate the pacifier, which you see my child use regularly, but I really want to get rid of it when she is 1 as well. Thats another story.
Back to Emilie, she eats lots of solids and really likes most of them. The only problem is she is very opinionated and wants what she wants at that moment, even if she likes what she is eating. Weird. I was just so used to Charlotte that would eat anything and in any order that this behavior is throwing me for a surprise.
She still doesnt crawl but does the rocking back and forth when on her belly. I keep thinking that crawling is going to start soon, but who knows. She has it quite easy where her older sister gives her toys when she cries so she doesnt have to do alot of work really. She gets so upset when she is left in a room alone though that you would think she would be on the move soon.
Takes 2 naps a day,but I have a feeling the morning nap is about to disappear.Just started sleeping on her belly which is cute. And she can sleep through the whole night, yay!
Otherwise, Emilie is healthy as can be, whew!
Now Charlotte's turn: She weighs 16kg and is really tall about the same height as alot of 4 year olds we know. She is measuring just above the average for things. She can speak /understand both english and french . She says full sentences and you really have to watch what you say because she is such a little parrot. Wow! She loves to read her books and still loves to cuddle. Alot! If my lap is open she thinks that she needs to be in it. She can sing the entire ABC song , knows all colors, shapes, can identify some letters (mostly A-G and the letters in her name), she loves practicing writing her name. She can spell her name and we are starting to spell Emilie's. She just started skiing this winter and to our surprise, she really likes. I think it gives her something to do with just her papa so it makes it really special. She has really curly hair and still now alot of it, but we do the best we can. Everyday I try to put barrets, headbands, ponies, etc.. in it but for the afternoon nap they all come out. She still is sleeping 2 hours in the afternoon (which I love and want to keep until she is 16). Very sweet and sensitive little girl, but at the same time doesnt let other kids take her toys away, she holds tight.
Thankfully she loves her little sister. Even when we take Emilie out of her room C gets upset as she doesnt want to be alone without her. And Emilie still loves Charlotte. She looks for her after her naps and when she sees her she gets the biggest smile on her face. I hope these feelings continue :)
Whew, that was alot but I really wanted to remember these things. I probably lost most of you by paragraph two, ha! If you made it this far, thanks for letting me bore you with my babble:)
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment