Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Still renovating

As everyone knows, we have been renovating our house since we moved in. What a job and what a headache!! I don't think we will ever do this again. We finally have 4 bedrooms, laundry room, and a bathroom complete. But there is soo much more to do. We just opened our kitchen and knocked down walls to make the living room bigger (and removed the chimney, for now). We are basically camping in our house for the next since we don't have a stove, oven or dishwasher. After we get back from Texas we are supposed to have our new kitchen put in. Here are pictures below of what we are getting. Not the best examples, but all I could find. Hopefully all goes as planned.

Also, by January, we should have our second bathroom finished. I am really looking forward to that. In other words, things are progressing, but it is taking alot longer than I had ever imagined. When we moved in, I naively thought that it would take only 6 months to finish everything and by Christmas we would be sitting pretty in a finished house. Wrong! I think the hardest thing is that Alex doesnt get to spend that much time with Charlotte. And we still don't have cable (big issue for A), it was supposed to be our motivator. We are very thankful to his parents that are educated in home renovations and have been able to help us in alot of our projects. Without their help, I am not sure where we would be in the process.
Updates will be posted when we have them. Until then...wish us luck!! :)

No comments: