Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

We hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend! We were super busy.....peeling wallpaper! This is what we do every night since the previous owners of our house thought every room and ceiling needed a different pattern of paper, exciting!! Thankfully someone created a machine to help the removal, otherwise I would probably give up and learn to live with our 70's paper with bright orange and yellow flowers, yuck!
Other than that, we started Charlotte at a daycare where she will hopefully go one afternoon a week to socialize etc.. without mommy. It isn't much but I feel she is getting to an age where I am really boring all day every day and she needs some stimulation and entertainment away from the home. Also, she will get more french than just staying with me and picking up my poor french accent.
So, to continue with my memories of Charlotte. In my last post I stated how charlotte had started to say love you. I thought it was so sweet and was so happy that these words had entered her vocabulary, etc, etc.. That is until today when she picked up an empty card board box, hugged it and said "Love you". Wow, I somehow dont feel quite so special anymore :)
I would love to update more photos, but at the moment I can't charge my camera battery since I cant find my plug converter (camera is american). So as soon as we find that from the move, like finding a needle in a haystack, we will upload more photos.
We hope everyone had a great 4th of July! We are definitely looking forward to the day we are done renovating our house so we can start celebrating again! :)

No comments: